Chemical Investigations Related to Fires and Explosions
- Potentially hazardous chemical combinations which could result in fires, explosions, or other violent exothermic reactions.
- Violent chemical reactions between incompatible wastes or accidentally mixed products.
- Unknown chemical residues or products from combustion and other reactions or substances found at accident scenes and determine most probable sources.
- The manufacturing and design defects of a highly caustic and dangerous sewer/drain cleaner containing sodium hydroxide and aluminum resulting in personal injury of a user from a steam explosion. Manufacturer of product was found to conduct faulty and imprecise quality assurance testing and published inadequate and inconsistent labeling and Safety Data Sheet precautionary warnings.
- Chemical investigation & determination of an explosion resulting from a chemical reaction of two incompatible waste products accidentally combined into the same waste container
- Chemical investigation & determination of an explosion and flash fire in an exhaust duct from accumulation of combustible organic residue in an adhesives manufacturing facility.
- Chemical investigation & determination of a fire resulting from electrostatic discharge in the presence of combustible oily residue and solvents in an adhesive manufacturing plant.
- Prediction of the behavior of chemical compounds and mixtures under various conditions and environments. Identification of incompatible chemical mixtures or unstable conditions
Gerard Macri & Associates provide Scientific / Chemical Forensic Investigations, Examination/Analysis of Chemical Forensic Evidence, Analysis and Reconstruction of Chemical Reactions, Determination of Most Likely Chemical Reaction Products, Hazardous Chemical Reactions and Incompatible Chemical Mixtures, Causation of Chemical Fires, Explosions, and Exothermic Reactions, as well as Estimation of Chemical Airborne Concentrations.
We also help with Chemical Overexposure from Consumer Products, Injury from Chemical Consumer Products, Chemical Product Defects and Manufacturer Liability, Chemical Characterization of Unknown Materials, Investigation of Soil, Groundwater, and Storm Water Contamination, Compliance with/Violations of Federal EPA and State Environmental Regulations.